- Ask God to speak to you through today’s verses. (Example: Romans 8:1-2)
- After reading the text, summarize them in your own words. Rewrite it in a way that would enable you to easily explain it to a friend.
- Reread the scripture and compare it to your summary. Is there something you added or missed? If needed, modify your summary to reflect the big idea in the verses.
- Ask yourself, what is the Holy Spirit saying to me through these scriptures?
- What do these verses teach me about God?
- What do these verses teach me about myself and humanity?
- If these words are God’s truth, what is He asking me to believe or let go of?
- Is there something I need to repent of?
- What do I need to do to obey Him?
- With whom can I share these truths?
What is the Holy Spirit saying to me through these scriptures?
- Close with prayer. Thank God for the truth He has revealed to you through His Word. Ask Him to give you faith to believe these truths and the strength to obey them.
Use your notebook daily and refer to your notes as a reminder of these truths and how to walk in them.
Write down specific prayer request. Review and thank God for all answered prayer.